Science A/C 6 – Daily Assignments for March 16th to Present

Good Morning A/C Earth/Space Science! 

It is Friday, May 15, 2020, and the last day of school for you as a sixth-grader. You are ready to move on to A/C Life Science next year and you WILL be hugely successful.  Do as you have been and work hard, you will have wonderful teachers and Life Science is so much fun.  Enjoy the summer and be safe.  Grades will be finalized by Saturday at midnight.  Best Wishes, CM

Welcome to A/C Life Science:

Life Sciences Advanced Technologies - About Us

See the source image

You did a fantastic job and are ready for 7th grade a/c science!

Please take today to complete any of the assignments you are missing.  You also have tomorrow to finalize any work.  No new assignments, just catch-up.  

Have a wonderful day!

Wednesday, May 13, 2020:  A Great Day for A Great Day!

See the source image

FIRST:  I want to thank all of you who have turned in your ABC Review!  They are phenomenal so far and your very hard work is appreciated!

Today:  Please continue to finish up your ABC Assignment if needed.

Second:  Please go to Legends of Learning, sign in, and complete the Awakening Game (Teacher:  Mickus2)

Totally Extra – Credit!  (If all other assignments have been completed)

Totally Necessary – If you have not completed other assignments and need to replace a missing assignment

Login Instructions for Legends of Learning:  Legends of Learning Parent Letter

Tuesday, May 12, 2020:  Just Keep Swimming

See the source image

Today’s Assignment:

Learning Target:  

I can show an understanding of sixth-grade science through the completion of the end of the year ABC PowerPoint Presentation.    S6E1-5

It’s a GREAT Monday A/C Science

ONLY 4 Days of School Left!!!

The Final Countdown for WS2008! 100 Days, 99, … | VirtaMove

Today’s Assignment:

Learning Target:  

Good Morning A/C Science Sixth:  Today is a day to catch-up.  Also, due to a few requests, I have reset the quizzes from this week so that those of you who would like to try again, may have a second chance.  Make it count big!!!

Have a great weekend.

Good Morning A/C Science:  Thursday, May 7, 2020

Learning Target:

End-of-Year Closure Activities for All Grades | Education World

I can show an understanding of sixth-grade science through completion of the end of the year ABC PowerPoint Project and completing the USATestprep quiz for today.  S6E1,5   

Task:

Continue working on the end of year ABC activity.

Complete Quiz Day FOUR on UTP.

Have a great day!

Hello A/C Science:  Today is Wednesday, May 6, 2020

See the source image

Learning Target:

I can show an understanding of sixth-grade science through completion of the end of the year ABC PowerPoint Project and completing the 5 question quiz.  S6E1-5

Today’s Assignment:  Please continue to work on the ABC Review Activity!  I was at the school for most of the day yesterday working, I apologize if I missed any calls, texts, or e-mails.  Let me know if you need assistance.

Day THREE:  USATestprep Quiz – please take the quiz.

Good Morning: Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Day TWO to work on ABC Capstone Project for Sixth-Grade Math.

Go to USATestprep and take the Quiz: Day TWO May 5

All scores will be calculated and averaged together at the end of the week, no need to retest right now.  Nothing entered for a grade until Saturday!

See the source image

May 4, 2020 – Important Message regarding this week’s assignment!

Please read prior to beginning today’s assignment:

Today’s assignment should not be difficult.  It is a review of what you have learned this year in science.  I have attached the Georgia Science Standards for Sixth Grade in the event you are unable to recall what we did in class this year.  Each topic was included in the PowerPoint on the instruction slide.

• You should not need to Google, this is information you already know.
  • Use each letter only once
  • Each of the 10 topics will have no less than 2 slides (letters)
  • The final 6 letters are your choice – they can all be the metric system, they can all be the weather, or mix it up.
  • If we were at school and you were taking an End of Grade Test – what do you know about these topics. 
  • You type on the slides by adding a text box
  • Due Tuesday, May 12
  • Example:  ABC Science Example Slide This is an example of what your slides should be like – no you can not use mine!

Good Morning AC Science:  May 4, 2020

Only ten days of graded science lessons!  Let’s do the best we can to finish!

See the source image

Learning Target:

Activities for Today:  Due on Tuesday, May 12

Begin the final project:  Science 2020 ABC End of Year

Georgia Standards for Sixth Grade Science:  Science – Sixth Grade Standards    

****This assignment is completely review, the Georgia Sixth Grade Science Standards are posted above in the event you are unable to recall what we have learned through the year.****

Instructions are in the PowerPoint.  If you have any questions please let me know.  You have until Monday to turn in your project.

REMEMBER:  You must use all 26 letters

You must include at least 2 slides for each of the assigned topics, some topics will have more.

It does not matter what order you put them in or which letter you use for each topics.

In the right-hand box – a drawing or picture representing the topic.

In the larger box – at least 4 facts about the topic.  MUST USE COMPLETE SENTENCES!

Take the USATestprep Quiz for Day One

One short quiz per day, scores will be averaged at the end of the week for a grade!

Image result for Charlie Brown Baseball

So, evidently, this is me trying to post the correct activity for today!  The correct sheet is there not, but if you have the PowerPoint, it is the same thing.  So sorry for the confusion – the brain not working properly this morning!  Don’t go back and fill in the activity sheet – it is the same as the PowerPoint!

Good Morning, April 30, 2020

No quiz today – let’s complete the metric system!!!

Learning Target:  

I can demonstrate an understanding of the metric system by completing the PowerPoint notes and activity.  S6E5.6

Powerpoint Notes: Metric Length Lesson

Activity: Metric Mania Practice

How to get started with Zoom - The Verge

Good Afternoon A/C Science Sixth:  Zoom Scheduled

I will be on Zoom tomorrow at 1:30 – drop in for some assistance with any of the topics we have been working on over the past few weeks.  The invitation is below:

Carol Mickus is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Science
Time: Apr 30, 2020 01:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84683336204?pwd=T3dsRXFtQ3d4cXA1TkpCUW5pK0F6Zz09

Meeting ID: 846 8333 6204
Password: 3THv3m

See the source image

If you have not yet completed the Legends of Learning Assignments from 3/13, they close tomorrow.  Code:  MICKUS2

Welcome to A/C Science:  Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Learning Target:

I can demonstrate an understanding of the metric system through the ppt lesson and activity sheet.

PowerPoint and Activity:  Metric System

Metric System 2 Lesson PPT

Metric Length Practice

*************************************************************************************************************************

It’s Tuesday A/C Science:  Moving on with the Metric System

Image result for Terrific Tuesday Motivational Quotes

Learning Target

I can gain an understanding of the metric system by completing the Powerpoint lesson. MGSE6.6

Metric System Lesson PPT Notes:  Metric Unit Presentation

Activity Sheet:  Metric Units Activity Student Copy

Welcome Back to A/C Science:  Week of Metric Units of Measure

See the source image

Quizlet Day:  https://quizlet.com/333685594/metric-system-and-metric-conversions-flash-cards/

Take your time and take notes as you work through the Quizlet Activity.

************************************************************************************************************************

Good Morning A/C Science:  April 24, 2020

It’s Friday which means it is your day to catch up.  I am posting the day five questions for the Jeopardy Review here.  You do not have to do this today or turn in today.  It will be due on Tuesday, April 28.

Changing Earth 5 Day Review Day One through Five Jeopardy Style

Have a perfect and please let me know if you need assistance.  I will only post grades on Wednesday and Friday so if you turn something in on another day, it most likely will not be posted until either Wednesday or Friday.  

Today’s Changing Earth Jeopardy Questions:

Changing Earth 5 Day Review Day One through Four Jeopardy Style

Good Morning A/C Science:  It’s just me again!

Today is Thursday, April 23, 2020

Learning Target:

I can demonstrate an understanding of climate change and the CER method of scientific investigation by beginning to compile data for the Coral Bleaching and Climate Change Activity through the creation of graphic representations of the data collected through the reading.  S6E6

Today’s Assignment:

Coral Bleaching and Climate Change CER Study:

Complete the graphs and data charts based on the reading from yesterday and using your notes and vocabulary from Monday.

Quiz:  Climate Change 9 Questions on USATestprep

As always, please let me know if I can help!

Good Day:  A/C Science, April 22, 2020

Learning Target:

See the source image

Document #2:  AC Coral Bleaching and Climate Change Data:  AC Coral Bleaching and Climate Change Data Sheets

This is not due today.  You may work on it today and tomorrow.   Quiz tomorrow!!!

Day 3:  Review

Changing Earth 5 Day Review Day One,Two,Three Jeopardy Style

See the source image

Breaking News:  April 21, 2020

Thursday will be quiz day.

Quiz this week will cover Climate Change!

Nine (9) Questions.

***********************************************************************************************************************

IT’S TUESDAY!  WAKIE, WAKIE, TIME TO DO SOMETHING…..APRIL 21, 2020

Learning Target:

I can gain an understanding of the claims, evidence, reasoning (CER) method of studying science by reading the information regarding Coral Bleaching and Climate Change and writing a six sentence summary about the topic.  S6E6

See the source image

Assignment:

Today you will read the research article, Coral Bleaching, and Climate Change.

AC Coral Bleaching and Climate Change Reading

Based on your understanding of the article, write a 6 sentence summary that includes the following information:

1 – Make a claim

2 – Support your claim with evidence

3 – Use reasoning to explain

Day #2:  Jeopardy Changing Earth Review, keep your answers together to turn in of Friday

Changing Earth 5 day Review Day One & Two Jeopardy Style

**********************************************************************************************************************

Good Monday Morning:  A/C Science

April 20, 2020 Assignment:  Claims/Evidence/Reasoning

See the source image

Clearly, you all have sixth grade just about covered.  Congratulations to you for doing such a great job!  Only a few weeks of learning left, I will consider you 7th graders for the remainder of the time we virtually spend together.  (Even though the grades go to 6th)  The information you will receive over the next few weeks should be put in a notebook and kept for 7th grade, I promise it will help you.

Learning Target:

I can make an inference about a scientific study by learning the vocabulary of the CER method in science through the Quizlet and by taking the notes on the video. S6E6

See the source image

Go to the Quizlet from the link, take notes and study the vocabulary for this unit you will need this vocabulary for the remainder of your k-12 science coursework:  https://quizlet.com/_8bk7iy?x=1qqt&i=25zrsw

Watch the video and take  notes:  https://youtu.be/faSAI0Anf9E

Remember to start a notebook for 7th-grade and keep this information close at hand.  We are building toward the 9th-grade physical science course you will be taking in 8th-grade.  Beware, it gets here quickly.  Have a great day!

Review Challenge for the week of April 20, 2020:  Jeopardy Style

Just follow the instructions on the first slide of the Powerpoint. 

Remember do not turn in any answers until Friday.

Changing Earth 5 day Review Day One Jeopardy Style

*************************************************************************

Hello and Welcome to Thursday, April 16, 2020, A/C Science!

See the source image

Learning Target:

I can demonstrate mastery of our changing earth by scoring a 70 or above on the UTP Changing Earth Final.  S6E5.a,b,c,d

Today’s activity:  Go to UTP and complete the Changing Earth final.  You need to score at least 70%.  I suggest you take notes on questions you are uncertain about and use the notes as you make another attempt.

Grades:

There will be two (2) grades posted for this week.  One grade for the week’s assignments and the second grade is for this final.  As always, if you turn in an assignment and it appears that I have missed it just let me know – I will locate the assignment and fix the grade.  

Please use tomorrow’s catch-up day to complete and turn in any assignments from the week that have not been completed yet.  

************************************************************************

Good Morning A/C Science:  Today is April 15, 2020

Image result for Funny Camel Hump Day

Learning Target:

I can answer questions about our changing earth by participating in the USATestprep Review Activities:  Changing Earth Review. S6E5.all

Assignment:  

Please complete the Review “Changing Earth Review” on USATestprep.

Test tomorrow:  review will assist you with test success!

Good Morning A/C Science:  Today is April 14, 2020

40 Tuesday Pictures, Images, Photos for Facebook and WhatsApp ...

Learning Target:

I Can develop an understanding of how natural processes (weathering, erosion, and deposition) and human activity change rocks and the surface of the Earth through watching the video and working through the vocabulary for this standard. S6E5.e 

Assignment for today:

Video is about 4.5 minutes long, please watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD_smP5l0e8&feature=youtu.be

Complete vocabulary activity:  Changing Earth Vocabulary

You may use the Quizlet to collect your vocabulary and to study.

https://quizlet.com/486237582/weathering-and-erosion-erosion-and-deposition-flash-cards/

See the source image

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Review Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Test Changing Earth:  Thursday, April 16, 2020

See the source image

GOOD MORNING A/C SCIENCE 6:  MISSED ALL OF YOU LAST WEEK!

Just a quick message of encouragement…I am here if you need anything and hope you are ready to get back to work.  What you do now will determine what happens in 7th grade!  Stay with your assignments and please contact me with questions.  I am not trying to create too much work for you and beginning next week we will learn topics for 7th and 8th-grade science!

Learning Target:    See the source image

I can gain an understanding that of soil is made up of weathered rock and decomposed soil by working through the assigned material on Legends of Learning S6E5.h

Review and Remediate for Unit Test:  Please complete both Legends of Learning Playlists.  Login in as you usually do for these assignments and the CODE is below!

Legends of Learning –  Code – MICKUS2

Fossil Record

Changing Earth

***Take your time, study, and have fun.  Remember that Friday is a catch-up day for everyone so don’t get worried or stressed!   You’ve got this!!!!***

***************************************************************************

Good Morning A/C Science 6:  I Miss All of You!!!!!  Let’s have a great Spring Break – be safe, be happy, be well!  If you need anything please feel free to give me a call, send a text, or e-mail. See the source image

Learning Target:

I can communicate information about the earth’s surface and how it has changed over time by participating in the Kahoot challenge.  S6E5.e

Happy Friday! You made it to the end of our third week of Virtual Learning together! Today is a Kahoot challenge day (per your requests). Below is the link to the Kahoot. It will cover our Earth’s Surface. Please make sure that you enter your real name as your nickname.

See the source image

Game Code:  0600209

Take your time – answer correctly!  You are awesome, I will get your score from the Kahoot system, you do not need to send it to me. 

If you have any outstanding work, get to it when you are able!  Take a break this week – I need one and I know you need and deserve one.  We can get back to it next week.

If there is something specific you would like to see a review lesson about, please let me know.  I will be holding scheduled TEAMS virtual meetings beginning Monday, April 13! 

Good Morning Science:  April 2, 2020

Learning Target:

I can answer questions about our changing landscapes by asking questions about local and global features by completing the research activity, Virtual Journey to the Center of the Earth.  S6E5.e

Earths Structure A Virtual Journey

http://www.oercommons.org/courses/earth-structure-a-virtual-journey-to-the-center-of-the-earth/view

See the source image

Hey, I heard her say this was the last assignment before spring break, tomorrow we Kahoot!!! 

See the source image

Good Morning A/C Science!  Happy April Fool’s Day…..

See the source image

Please complete the activity using the link below:  Changing-Earths-Surface-Student-Activity-Sheet 

Land Surface Features Goes with Activity Sheet

If you are missing any assignments, please try to get to them soon!

Have a wonderful and productive day – and be nice to your families!

Good Tuesday morning brilliant scientists!

Learning Target:

I can develop a model to demonstrate how natural processes, (weathering, erosion, deposition), and human activity change rocks and the surface of the earth.  S6E5

My Soil Profile

So these are just a few examples.  You may use ribbon, GLITTER, Lucky Charms, whatever you want.  You may not draw this one, it must be a 3-D example.   Have fun and be creative!

When you finish, please take the 3 question quiz on USATestprep,  Thanks!

See the source image

See the source image

Good Monday Morning from Social Distancing Base Camp!

See the source image

Learning Target:

I can gain an understanding that soil is made up of weathered rock and decomposed soil by creating and completing a graphic organizer from the PowerPoint posted on the blog.  S6E5.h 

For the purpose of this unit, the following will apply:

This is DIRT:                                                        This is Soil:

See the source image See the source image

Dirt – on the table after science class               Soil – Outer covering of earth’s crust

Activity for today:

Today is day #1 of Unit #8, the study of soil on earth.  The activity is to refer to the PowerPoint provided to create a graphic organizer and then complete it by filling in the correct terms and their definitions. 

Soil Horizons Foldable for Monday March 30

See the source image

The assignment is homework – because you are completing it at home.  I have provided all the information necessary to complete this activity.  All you have to do is copy the information into a graphic organizer of your own creation.  It does not matter to me how you fold or if you fold.  Please send me a photo of your complete notes with the drawing when you finish.

See the source image

Good Morning A/C Science:  Sunday, March 29, 2020

See the source image

Note to my students:

I need to explain once again that during this virtual learning time, you DO NOT have homework.  Even though, due to the circumstances, all of the work is homework.  The escape room has been removed from the blog, you do not need to work on this at all.  It was never intended as weekend work or homework.  Please remember, if you do what you are assigned each day, you will not be stuck at the last minute.  I wish you all the best this week as we move through the soil unit.  We will stick to notes and questions to prevent any further misunderstanding of the expectations.  Again, you should not be working for longer than 30 minutes any day on science and never on Saturday or Sunday.  If you need to do this, please let me know and maybe we can figure what would help you to limit your time.

I apologize for any misunderstanding.

Thank You,  CM

See the source image

Science A/C It’s Friday!  March 27, 2020

We have successfully navigated another week of the virtual school.

See the source image

Learning Target:
I can demonstrate an understanding of natural resources on earth by completing the Natural Resource Escape Room and completing the short assessment on UTP.
Today is the final day for the Escape Room.  We will find out who gets out of the mine and who is stuck there until they retrace their steps.  I will post the code decipher PowerPoint after 4:30 this afternoon.  Make sure you post a comment on the homepage letting me know you are done and ready to solve.

See the source image

Please take a few moments today to take the soil pretest.  It is on USATestprep and needs to be completed today by 4:30.  Please remember that we have been doing this all year.  It is a pretest, not for a grade.  Be honest and let me know what you already know!  Then I know where to begin within the standards next week.  We are only going to be studying soil for one week.  You will take the final on Friday, April 3, 2020.  If you keep up, do the daily assignment and study the vocabulary you will be fine.  There will be a quick activity posted on Monday, it will be due Friday and requires that you step away from the computer for a minute!

See the source image

Science A/C – Thursday, March 26, 2020

Learning Target:

I can describe renewable and non-renewable resources by successfully escaping from the coal mine in the Escape Room Activity.

Today’s Assignment:

Please complete the short pre-test on USATestprep – “Soil Pretest” today.  We are finalizing the unit on natural resources with the escape room activity!  Good Luck getting out of the Mine tomorrow.

Science A/C – Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Image result for wednesdays cartoon

Please continue to complete the Escape Room Activity.  Be sure to read all instructions before you begin.  Also, if you did not do the USATestprep Water assignment yesterday, please be sure to complete it today.

Image result for escape room scooby doo cartoon images

Science A/C – Tuesday, March 24, 2020

See the source image

Learning Target:

Today’s Quiz:  USATestprep         Water Review

*************************************************************

Science A/C – Monday, March 23, 2020

See the source image

Good Monday Morning A/C Science!

Learning Target: 

I can demonstrate an understanding of renewable and nonrenewable resources through the completion of the Escape Room Activity.

Be sure to read directions on each day’s activity.  You will want to keep a document with all of your answers for the week in a safe place, you need them on Friday to decipher the exit code.  Good Luck and see you at the gate!

See the source image

Image result for extra innings

An additional opportunity on the Natural Resources test has been requested.  If you are interested, you have one EXTRA INNING attempt through tomorrow!  This is not required, just offered based on request.

Image result for newsflash

NEWSFLASH – To login to Brainpop, The kids can access BrainPOP either through Clever or Cobb Digital Library (CDL). Both of them require their O365 username (firstname.lastname@students.cobbk12.org) and their CCSD computer password.  CDL and Clever are both on the Helpful Links section of the school website under Quick Links.   Mrs. Harris has login directions attached to the links on this site.

March 20, 2020:  Day 5 of Homebound Math

Image result for stir crazy

Learning Target:

I can describe weather patterns and their causes by completing the BrainPop assignment.

Please complete each BrainPop activity by watching the movies and taking the quiz.

Image result for brainpop

https://www.brainpop.com/science/weather/weather/

https://www.brainpop.com/science/weather/climatetypes/

If you can, please let me know how you do on the quiz.  This is a review for Milestones.  Even though we are uncertain of when we will take the test, let’s not forget it is still required.

Image result for thats all folks

Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy some time away from schoolwork.

March 19, 2020:  Day 4 of Viral Vacation

Today’s mobility activity:  (Moving Around)

Build a scale model of our solar system using items you have around the house.  Do not cut and paste or go to Hobby Lobby.

1. Find objects around the house that can represent each planet and the Sun.
  2. Line up in order and label.  
  3. Take a photograph of your creation and share it with me.
  4. You do not need to buy supplies, use examples at home that are ready-made (baseball, meatball, yogurt, etc) and put them in order.

Image result for catching up

Learning Target:

I can explain how scientists can determine the age of an artifact through the completion of the Rocks Extension Activity and by participating in Mrs. Mickus’s Discussion.

Respond to the following:  How do geologists use Carbon-14 dating when working with artifacts?  Why is this process important as we try to better understand our planet?

All the resources you will require for today are listed above.  If you have not completed work from Monday – Wednesday, please check below.  Please be sure that you have completed each activity for this week by 4:30 this afternoon.  We will move on tomorrow to a different review topic.

March 18, 2020:  Day 3 of Viral Vacation

Today’s e/c opportunity:

Post a comment to this blog listing all of the planets in order by going to the homepage and finding the assignment description, (post a comment is in the lower right)please don’t google it!  Rely on your own vast knowledge!

Post your response in the comment section for this challenge on my homepage!

Learning Target:  I can demonstrate an understanding of renewable and non-renewable resources through the completion of the test grade redemption assignment on UTP.

If you scored below a 90 on the Unit test yesterday, please go to UTP and complete the assigned test remediation assignment.  The score will be considered with your original test score.  This is the only opportunity you will have, please take your time.

When you complete your test remediation, please begin the Rocks Extension Assignment.  Grade on the next report period.

Ready to move-on:  Please complete the following assignment Rocks Extension Activity: Rock Extension Activity

The link takes you to a PDF.  On the fourth slide, there is a picture to the righthand side, click the picture.  It takes you to an active link for this assignment.  The access code is:  rocksextension     (all lowercase)

All links within this activity are working properly.  You did not get sent to the wrong area.  Take your time and actually read the instructions for each step.  You will also need the activity sheets linked below.  You may print them out or you may just follow along on paper.

Have a wonderful day, stay inside and be well.  Believe it or not, I miss seeing you guys and am really bored!!!  Many thanks to those of you texting, e-mailing, and still completing your assignments –  you are my heroes!!

March 17, 2020:  Unit #7 Natural Resources

Learning Target:  I can demonstrate an understanding of renewable and non-renewable resources through the completion of the unit exam.

Please take the unit test, Natural Resources on USATestprep by 4:30 today.

Practice with the Quizlet before taking the exam, use your study guide!

March 16, 2020:  Unit #7 Natural Resources

Learning Target:  Day One

I can demonstrate an understanding of the identification and description of natural resources; both renewable and non-renewable by completing the Unit #7 study guide.

Mrs. Mickus’ Viral Vacation Science Blog:  3/14/2020

I will be uploading short videos daily to catch up on topics we have already passed through, keep things going in your science brain!

https://mysteryscience.com/mini-lessons/mountain-volcano?code=f0be69d962864cae26bb4683d303a148#slide-id-7051

Phet Simulation:  Greenhouse Gases

http://<div style=”position: relative; width: 300px; height: 197px;”><a href=”https://phet.colorado.edu/sims/greenhouse/greenhouse_en.jar”

Please read this family information from Legends of Learning:

Legends of Learning Parent Letter

Milestones Prep. Sixth Grade:  Assessment Guide Sixth Grade

Phet Simulation:  Greenhouse gases/Climate Change

PhETGreenhouseEffectSimulationsJackGanse Activity Sheet

The Greenhouse Effect

Click to

Instructions for use:

Right-click picture, click load at the bottom left of the screen, maximize the activity.  This is not required, just an extra help to understand the effect of human activity on our planet!

These resources are posted in the order in which we utilize them. Please note that students have received these resources in class. The links will provide you with study guides, projects, presentations. and more. If you are unsure of which resource you need, please refer to the Science page found in the menu above. You will find that I list all of the current activities we are doing in class, the weekly schedule, learning targets, along with any important announcements.

https://create.kahoot.it/share/rocks-minerals/22c67c7f-e427-4dc1-8397-849d13c48d13

TEST COVERING UNIT #6 – ROCKS AND MINERALS ON FRIDAY, 3/6/2020

STUDY RESOURCE:

Quizlet - Web 2.0 Tools - New Possibilities for Teaching ...https://quizlet.com/170598751/rocks-and-minerals-warm-up-questions-flash-cards/#

This week in A/C Science:  Week of 3/2 – 3/6/2020

Monday:  Laptop Quiz, Legends of Learning, Assign topics for gallery walk posters.

Tuesday:  Gallery Walk Posters Creating:  Time provided

Wednesday:  Gallery Walk with Study Guide

Thursday:  Review Day

Friday:  Test and RACES writing competition

Warm-up and Closing Questions:  2/10/2020 – 2/27/2020 

Due at end of class on 2/28/2020:

Feb 10 – Feb 28 Warmup Closure

THANK YOU CAMERON J. for reminding me to post!!

Homework:  Due 2/24/2020 if you have not already turned in.

Rocking the Rock Cycle Reading Activity

Computer Lab 1901:  2/12/2020

Density Lab:  https://phet.colorado.edu/en/simulation/density

Please follow directions on lab sheet.  Due at end of class 2/12/2020, short class due to CLIMB day.

February 6, 2020:  Students will be completing the Geode Lab and working on their mineral cubes in class tomorrow!

SCIENCE WARM-UPS 1/27/2020 – 2/7/2020

This is a bright pink sheet printed in landscape style and has a warm-up and a closure for each day of the two week period.  It is a graded assignment and students are to turn in on Friday, 2/7/2020

Science Class:  2/4/2020

Warm-up and Closures Week of January 27

Science Warm-up and Closure Week of Feb 3

Mineral Cube:  Mineral Cube – Rubric & Choices

Cube Template Mineral Project

Websites for research:

You may also use other sites if needed, but these are preferred and should have all information needed.

Cube is due on Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Please follow rubric as this is exactly how I will grade your work.

***Information from classwork 1/20/2020.  Each of these assignments was done in class and students were provided days of classwork to complete.***  Work will not be accepted after Monday as we are testing out of this unit and will not be going back.

Continental Drift PPT

Dynamic Earth Study Guide

Dynamic Earth Vocabulary Crossword

Friday – 1/31/2020:  Vocabulary Graphic Organizers and Test Redemption Opportunity

Thursday – 1/30/2020:  Vocabulary Posters – Unit #6 Rocks and Minerals

Wednesday – 1/29/2020:  Final Test:  Dynamic Earth (Lab 1901)

Tuesday – 1/28/2020:  Counselors have science classes in theatre

Monday – 1/27/2020:  Study Guide/Review Game for test

Friday – 1/24/2020:  Study Guide for test

Information for My Cave Journey Activity:

My Cave Journey Student Document

Link to cave exploring video:

My Cave Journey with Video

Phet Activities for 1/15/2020

DO the CRUST 1st, Do PLATE TECTONICS 2nd!!!!!

https://phet.colorado.edu/en/simulation/legacy/plate-tectonics

1 Monday Contential Drit and Sea Floor Spreading Quick Notes

Layer of Earth Notes for Tuesday

Holiday Break:  December 20 – January 6, 2020

BE SAFE AND HAVE FUN!

Image result for snoopy christmas"

Incredible Winter Holiday Challenge 2019 smaller version

Heat Transfer Notes

Water Cycle Comic

Weather Study Guide Benchmark
High and Low-Pressure Systems Weather Notes 
Fast Facts Weather
Atmosphere Notes
Air-Pressure-Fronts Lesson
Weather Study Guide
Wind Movement PowerPoint
Air Pressure PowerPoint
Moon Journal Activity 
Water Tower Project Instruction Sheet and Rubric

Unit Pacing Guides:

1:Pacing Guide: Solar System and Beyond
2:Pacing Guide: Earth-Moon-Sun
3:Pacing Guide: Earth’s Changing Landscape
4:Pacing Guide: Water in Earth’s Processes
5:Pacing Guide: Climate and Weather
6:Pacing Guide: Human Energy Needs

All Other Important Resources and Information

State Standards of Excellence
Cobb County Safety Contract

Contact Information
School Address: 2720 Pine Mountain Circle, Kennesaw, 30152
Email Address: Carol.mickus@cobbk12.org
Phone Number: 678-594-8254